Downer Mining has been working at the Sunrise Dam operation since 1998, and currently provides load and haul and equipment maintenance services at the mine in a joint venture with Indigenous mining contractor, Carey Mining.
As a result of internal promotions, Downer EDI Mining is currently seeking an experienced All Rounder Machine Operator for one of our longest running projects. You will play an integral role in implementing the client’s project requirements operating a fleet of Downer Mining’s equipment.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate Large Excavators, Dozers, Graders & Loaders in a mining production capacity, the excavators and dozer being the essential components. The benefit to this smaller site is diversity. You will be actively operating multiple pieces of equipment daily and also be involved in some civil projects. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to gain some relief supervisory experience when required.
Equipment: Liehberr 9250 / Komatsu 1250 / Cat 992 / Cat D10T / Cat 16H.
This position will be on a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth.
- Current HR driver’s licence and police clearance is essential
- Production experience in an open cut mining environment is essential.
- You will possess a solid Safety focus with a high attention to detail and abide by site safety processes
- Able to work in a team environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration package
- Exciting opportunity to join a major mining contractor
- A overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment
Downer Mining employees are accommodated at Sunrise Dam Gold Mine village. The village provides recreational facilities including two recreation courts, wet mess, gymnasium and BBQ facilities.
For further information, please contact Nathan de Jong, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 08 6212 9506