Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
We are currently seeking a Mining Engineer to fill a Drill and Blast Engineer role at our Karara operations. Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, your key focus will be to provide technical services to the Drill and Blast department including blast master management, drill pattern design, tie in designs, information management and reporting.
You will be involved in short term mine planning (2 weeks) and responsible for monitoring and analysis of production activities in relation to targets and contractual KPI’s. We are looking for a self-starter, someone who will provide continuous improvement and has the ability to develop the processes, systems and outputs that define the role.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, on an appealing 8/6 roster offering a healthy work/life balance.
- Demonstrated experience in mining and drill and blast engineering functions
- Previous operational experience in Open cut mining is a must
- Knowledge of Pit optimisation, short term planning and Production scheduling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a broad spectrum of people
- Experience with Vulcan and Shotplus software is a must
- Relevant Engineering tertiary qualifications
In return we offer
- Solid technical services team and leadership group
- Be a part of the real day to day operational elements with a respected contractor
- Competitive remuneration package
- 8-6 roster with an excellent benefits package
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with career development prospects
The Karara Mine camp offers amenities include a permanent air conditioned en suite room, flat screen TV, and a quality meals services amid outstanding recreational facilities including a gymnasium, lap pool, indoor cricket and tennis courts.
This role is being sourced directly by Downer EDI Mining and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Please click the “Apply” button below or contact Nathan de Jong, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 08 6212 9506 for further information.