Downer Blasting Services is currently seeking experienced shotfirers to join our project at Meandu Mine.
Reporting to the DBS Queensland Operations Manager , your duties will include operating and maintaining mobile process mixing units, manufacturing a range of explosive product at the hole, regularly performing quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process and recording data as required. It is expected you will provide a high quality of service to the client on the shot and assist with other processes. In addition you will be focusing on building long term relationships with our people, our client and sub-contractors by endeavouring to continuously improve in a manner consistent with the DBS values.
About the role:
- Lifestyle Roster (5/4,4/5, 5/5)
- 11 hour day shifts
- Fixed Term 6 Months
- Residential – No accommodation provided
- May be required to do other blasting activities if loading is not required
- May operate other equipment outside blasting if the skill is authorised on site
- Prior experience in Shotfiring (Coal Mining)
- Current Dangerous Goods and HR licences
- Standard 11 induction is an advantage
- SSAN Clearance
- Safe Working at Heights, High Risk Work Licence – Forklift (desirable)
- Strong communication skills
In return we offer
- A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to grow
- Fantastic chance to drive new initiatives & processes across the business to influence change
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group.
This role is being sourced directly by DBS and not through recruitment agencies.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
To apply online, please click on the link below.
For a confidential chat please call Michael Bernard on 07 3026 6652.