Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
Downer is currently looking for a Technical Services Manager based FIFO out of Perth. The position is a senior management position within our business and reports to the General Manager of Operations. As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for driving a team of technical specialists and engineers to guide and optimise mining services across the Karara site.
- Provide leadership and develop the capability of the Planning and Operations Support teams.
- Lead service excellence and value add through provision of project and mine planning support.
- Maximise improvement opportunities through comparison of project actual to tendered performance.
- Lead site establishment technical support.
- Establish processes and expertise to support internal and external operations benchmarking
- Develop and implement improvement projects to support and enhance operations capability.
- Participate in the tender review process
- Provide advice, support and input to the estimating process
- Enable provision of coaching and mentoring to site engineers via the Technical Services team.
- Driven to lead and develop technical excellence in support of enhanced client service provision and profitability
- Commercially astute in a contract services context
- Able to understand estimates and add value to estimating processes
- More than 10 years relevant experience, including experience in a senior mining operations role
- Tertiary qualified in mine engineering or a related discipline
- Technically astute and innovative
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience with a contractor highly regarded
In return we offer
- Excellent remuneration package and benefits
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business group
- Strong Technical Services team and leadership group
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
The Karara Mine camp offers amenities include a permanent air conditioned en suite room, flat screen TV, and a quality meals services amid outstanding recreational facilities including a gymnasium, lap pool, indoor cricket and tennis courts.
This role is being sourced directly by Downer EDI Mining and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Please click the “Apply” button below or contact Nathan de Jong, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 08 6212 9506 for further information.