Otraco International is the world’s leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, Otraco has continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
Otraco international encourages career enhancement and growth within its employee base and this is a good opportunity to take on a position that offers responsibility, movement to other Otraco sites and a diversity of work. This position can lead to a variety of duties within the company for the successful applicant.
- Hold a valid Heavy Vehicle Driver’s Licence (minimum C class manual Licence non probationary). You will be required to get your HR- Manual Licence within three months of employment.
- Hold a Worksafe recognised Forklift Licence
- Able to obtain a police clearance
- A strong safety and procedural focus
- A desire to start a career as a Tyre Fitter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Always represent our company professionally
IN RETURN WE OFFER
The successful applicants will have the rare opportunity of being paid to learn. We are a Registered Training Organisation and at the end of your training you will hold a nationally recognised certificate in tyre fitting which will enable you to work on any large tyres including all earth moving tyres.
Our training program starts with a six week course based in Perth. This portion of the course is 5 days per week, 9 hours per day. At the completion of that part of the course you will then be offered a role at one of our mine sites where you will continue your training on the job. The rosters vary dependent on the site, most sites are on either a 2 weeks on, 1 week off (2:1) or 8 days on, 6 days off (8:6) rosters with a few other variations. There are also roles residential roles available based in Kalgoorlie therefore you would have to be living or willing to relocate to Kalgoorlie. It is expected that most people would be fully qualified within 12 months.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Fit, remove and perform maintenance on wheels on any type of vehicle
- Perform inspections and determine the suitability of wheel components to remain in service
- Enter data and record information on file and into the Otracom tyre management database
- Maintain pressures and quality in accordance with site specifications
- Uphold our commitment to provide a high level of service to our clients
This is a unique opportunity to become part of our world class organisation and to move forward in tyre management services for the mining industry.
This role is being sourced directly by Otraco and not through recruitment agencies.
To be considered for this role please select only one of the following options to apply, click on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com. Please note NO Applications or CV’s will be accepted after Job closing date.
Alternatively contact Sophie Birdsall on 08 6212 9648 for further information.