Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
We are currently seeking a Trainer Assessor for our Karara project located in the Mid-West Region of WA. The successful candidate will be responsible for training and assessment of employees in the safe operation of production machines. Our fleet of equipment includes CAT 6050 and Cat 6060 hydraulic shovels, CAT D10T Dozer, CAT 16M Grader, CAT 793 Haul Trucks, CAT 992 Loader, Komatsu WA900 Loader and Komatsu PC4000 Excavator.
- Previous experience and willingness to Conduct Training & Assessment on a range of large scale mining equipment
- Previous experience and knowledge of a range of Production Machinery is a must including, Shovels, Trucks, Loaders, Graders and Dozers.
- High Risk Workers Licence and experience would be desirable
- Cert 4 in Training & Assessment is essential
- Previous Experience in Large Mining projects
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail
- Able to work in a team environment
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Opportunity to train on an extensive fleet of Cat and Komatsu Equipment
- Competitive remuneration package
- A team commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with modern training system
- A company that has a history of promoting from within
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. The site has a new camp offering modern ensuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
Please click the “Apply” button below or alternatively contact Nathan De Jong Senior Recruitment Advisor on (08) 6212 9506 for further information
Please note NO Applications or CV’s will be accepted after the job’s closing date.